There are different valid reasons to use SAP systems for archiving. Infoniqa SQL AG with SAP covers the full range of archiving solutions as follows.
Compliance - According to Switzerland’s legal requirements for accounting records, all business records must be archived for at least 10 years. Business records also include packing slips, customer invoices, purchase orders, etc. Archived data must be kept separate from production data, and access must be recorded.
Performance - Large amounts of data accumulate over time. Here, the SAP system is no exception. The increase of the database size may negatively impact performance. An archiving solution can help here too. By outsourcing the data, the performance can be increased.
Security - Archived documents, in order to be legally recognized, must be protected from alterations and manipulations. Archiving in combination with WORM storage will guarantee this. The SAP system, a solution of Infoniqa SQL AG, scripts documents, prints lists and archives data. Care is taken that only SAP standards are used. The archive server exclusively communicates via the certified ArchiveLink interface.
SAP archiving with KGS
- No database needed
- No redundant data storage
- Existing storage solutions can be used for archiving
- No extra and proprietary client software
- Document viewing within SAP standard functionality
- Server components run on any hardware and operating system platform
- Supports fully qualified digital signatures for secure and compliant archiving
- All SAP releases are supported
- Managing very high document volumes
- Easy to scale
- Administration fee optional: Immediate replacement of existing archiving solutions by fully automated background migration of legacy data
SAP archiving with Kendox
- Access to documents without SAP
- Archiving of none-SAP Documents
- Existing storage systems can still be used
- Certified SAP interface
- Business-oriented e-mail archiving
- Integrated scanning solution available
- SearchCenter for all data (enterprise search)
- Support of qualified digital signatures for complied archiving
- Performance management of large documents and data sets